Atteris’ pipeline engineering team defined the route corridor for survey and, once offshore, guided PTTEP’s survey contractor to successfully define a technically feasible pipeline route from the proposed Cash Maple Central Processing Platform to the Bayu Undan export pipeline. Atteris’ key achievements and activities before, during and after the survey included:
- Minimised the requirement for future seabed intervention
- Short-listed a number of technically feasible pipeline crossing routes across a number of steep Palaeolithic valleys.
- Avoided potential hazards and obstacles along the proposed pipeline route
- Assessed bottom roughness and conducted VIV and fatigue screening in close to real time using the newly acquired bathymetry data.
- Conducted sensitivity analysis’ on the pipeline diameter, wall thickness, CWC thickness and allowable span lengths and bend radii.