The updated Inspection, Monitoring and Maintenance (IMM) Plans achieved:
• Improved alignment with the Risk Based Inspection process.
• Clarity regarding operational practices.
• Streamlined anomaly reporting and acceptance criteria via un-ambiguous language.
• Ease of reference for pipeline design details.
• Thorough coverage of modifications and additions to pipeline systems.
• Current acceptance criteria using the latest engineering results.
IMM Plans are established to support production maintenance and inspection processes and involve a risk assessment and management approach to define the IMM requirements for a system. These requirements also include requirements of Pipeline Licences, Legislation or other external sources such as Codes and Guidelines. The Plans are developed for each subsea and pipeline facility, and these provide a ‘roadmap’ for the IMM requirements specific to that facility.